Mesa Marathon Group Coaching
Group Coaching geared toward those looking to tackle the Marathon, Half Marathon or 10km
The Mesa Marathon is taking place on February 10, 2024!
This race is a favourite among Calgary runners and we are thrilled to offer group coaching to help you have a great race in February! Join our group coaching cohort starting Monday, November 6.
The Mesa Marathon offers a generous course, great scenery and excellent crowd support – not to mention the chance to escape to Phoenix in the middle of the Calgary winter! It’s a great race to run a personal best or quality for Boston. Phoenix is a fun and sunny destination that is quick and easy to get to from Calgary. Many Calgary runners choose to stay after the race and vacation In Phoenix, Scottsdale or the surrounding area.
Why group coaching?
Being part of a group while you train for an important race adds extra accountability, community and fun! Group coaching is a great option for people who want to perform their best for a specific race without the long-term commitment of individualized coaching. Plus you’ll get a fun and supportive community to cheer you on, both leading up to the race and on race day!
Group coaching participants will receive:
• $5 off your race fee through our team registration
• 14-weeks of group coaching delivered via the TrainingPeaks platform
• Weekly check-in form for your coach to see how you’re doing with the program
• Three team calls over the course of the program, plus a pre-race call
• Lululemon Skyline Singlet
• Bi-weekly team indoor track workouts for YYC runners
• A Slack community where you can connect with your coach and ask training questions
• Pre-race support including a race day plan, a fuelling guide to help you nail your race day nutrition, and a pre-race shake-out run in Phoenix
• A designated Skyline Athletes finish area to celebrate with your cohort and with other Skyline runners on race day
• Pre-race dinner and post-race celebration
How much does it cost?
500.00 + GST
Do I have to be in Calgary?
Runners from anywhere in the world can join this cohort! The only difference for participants outside Calgary will be that they do not take part in our in-person group training.
How do I know the group plan will work for me?
The program is tailored to each athlete and will be adjusted as needed. However, to ensure a safe build:
• Those running the marathon should be running at least four days a week with a minimum of 30km weekly mileage and be able to do a 20km long run on week one
• Those running the half marathon should be running at least three days a week with a minimum of 20km weekly base mileage and be able to do a 12km long run on week one.
• Those running the 10km should be comfortable running 2-3 times a week before the start date.
How do I sign up?
When you register for Mesa, be sure to use our team link to get $5 off!